I love trying new foods and restaurants. As a resident who also works here, I’m constantly on the go and wanting a good Yorba Linda restaurant for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it’s to meet with clients. Other times it’s to visit with my family and skip cooking for a night.
I did a very unofficial poll of Yorba Lindans (Lindians?! Maybe we can create a new name for our city residents in another post). Here is a list of some of their favorite Yorba Linda restaurants including my own observations. (Honorable mentions in Placentia and Anaheim Hills at the bottom):
- Wise Guys Pizzeria – Anyone with kids has to try this place! Of note to try: Garlic Knots. You won’t be able to eat just one. “If you go, sit on the patio where there are lights strung over the picnic tables. They have great food, a fire pit for chilly nights, craft beer…. Behind the patio there is a wall where kids can play handball while the adults can enjoy their meal.” – Ruth W.
- Stefano’s Golden Baked Hams – Don’t let the name fool you; this place is known for their great service, wonderful food and reasonable prices. Not only will they cater, but they also have a calendar where you can sign up to order family-style dinners-to-go. Options include Hawaiian Chicken and Spinach Artichoke Chicken Pasta. Local tip: There is limited seating and this place is popular. You may want to consider going on the earlier side of the normal rush.
- Fitness Grill – Whether inside or on the patio, Fitness Grill is a favorite to many locals. This restaurant is in the heart of Yorba Linda at the busy intersection of Yorba Linda Boulevard and Imperial Highway. According to their website, there’s a range of menu options inspired by the love of fitness and the “creative culinary art of healthy dining.” They even have a vegan menu and vegan substitutions available. My personal favorite dish is the Chicken Parmesan Rolls.
- Oceans & Earth – “Great if you want a nice meal and aren’t in a hurry. Gluten free options and delicious.” – Dawn Z. I would recommend this place for a cozy date night too. From salads that are locally harvested, to education in the connection that people have with sustainability and nature, this neighborhood gem features seasonal menu items. Fact: the executive chef is also a farmer.
- Wild Artichoke – With a rotating menu, you can never get tired of going to this “California-Italian food with a fusion of French Cooking” restaurant. This local star features dishes like Stuffed Mushrooms with Escargot and Ranch Filet Flambe au Poivre. Reservations are recommended for the weekends.
- Bari Bari Japanese Steak House – Locals all over town rave about Bari Bari, a teppanyaki restaurant. Local tip: get there early as the restaurant fills up quickly.
- YLS Bakery – A chic bakery with smoothies, coffees, and sandwiches located at the corner of Fairmont and Yorba Linda Blvd. Though the fresh decor doesn’t match the strip mall it’s housed in, you can’t argue with the lines and buzz about this place. By 11 am on Sunday, the display cases were virtually empty and the staff were pumping out the orders.
- Supatra’s Thai Bistro – Supatra’s has a loyal following in Yorba Linda and people frequent the restaurant for the fresh food and the ambiance. Reservations are only accepted Monday – Thursday for dinner. “Supatra’s is one of our favorite restaurants. Friday and Saturday nights they have a live singer, plus the food is so good. You get a ton for your money.” – Brittany R.
- La Bettola – Located near My Gym and 7-11, this italian restaurant has freshly made sauces and menu items like a “pound and a fourth” meatball served over fettucini. “La Bettola is an intimate dinner spot with freshly made italian food. The service and atmosphere is like being in Italy.” – Danielle A.
- OC Wine Mart and Deli – Wine, craft beer and sandwiches. Need I say more? They have a huge self-serve wine selection, with 32 wines on tap at the Yorba Linda restaurant location. Great local spot to meet for a glass of wine and friendly atmosphere. Thursday-Saturday there is live music from 6:30-9 pm. (Located at 4925 Yorba Ranch Rd. YL)
Reunion Kitchen and Drink (Anaheim Hills, CA): “Try their Rosemary Chicken, Buffalo Chicken Pasta, or the Jalapeño Pepper Appetizer.” – Michelle S.
Rosine’s Mediterranean Restaurant (Anaheim Hills, CA): “When you dine-in, the atmosphere is very inviting.” – Telli C.
Kimmie’s Coffee Cup (Placentia, CA): “Get the cinnamon pancakes; they’re amazing” – Kelly H.
Esther’s Taco House (Placentia, CA): “Try them for Taco Tuesday” – Caitlin H.