Passionate About the Community
and the Moms Who Live Here

Dad RSS feed for this section

give-them-grace

Give Them Grace.

I was exchanging a series of text messages with my friend who writes for Albuquerque Moms Blog.  We were talking about our husbands and how some of the decisions they make in regards to the care of our children are rather questionable.  For instance, for some inexplicable reason my husband can NEVER smell a poopie diaper. […]

Continue Reading
its-not-time-for-potty-training

Don’t Rush the Potty

So my husband and I are very grateful for a child that appears to be healthy and without any challenges at this time.  However we are in no way urging, hoping for, or thinking our son is above average.  Our hope is that he feels loved and successful in life whatever that looks like for […]

Continue Reading
Family Play Date

Family Play Date

I was prepared to arrange play dates for my son when he started preschool last year. Many of my best childhood memories happened during play dates – epic games of hide and seek, playing with someone else’s toys (always better than your own), eating foods I never got at home, and the general euphoria of […]

Continue Reading
How I Met Your... Father

How I Met Your… Father.

Dear Mason, If I were to tell you the story of how I met your father, you would probably laugh. It’s not your everyday, typical romance story and we definitely weren’t high school or college sweethearts – in fact, we lived hundreds of miles away from each other and didn’t even know each other back […]

Continue Reading
11232080_10100463469261250_3682356235615779965_o

Happy Father’s Day!

In honor of Father’s Day, I want to write about the greatest Dad I’ve ever known; my husband. It was 13 months ago when he became a Father for the first time. If you’ve read my other posts, you know that the process of bringing our son into this world was not easy, but my […]

Continue Reading
Interview with a Special Dad

Interview with a Special Dad

Whenever I post something personal on Facebook or Instagram, 95% of it has to do with our kids. But of that remaining 5%, I rarely give kuddos to my husband. So in honor of Father’s Day, I’m putting the spotlight on him (he doesn’t like unsolicited attention).  He is the anchor in our family (and the […]

Continue Reading
What Your Dad Has Taught Me

What Your Dad Has Taught Me

  To my beautiful daughter, When you are old enough to read this, I would like you to know some things about your dad. I have known him since I was 14 and he was 15. I have gotten to see him grow from a boy into a man. He has taught me so much […]

Continue Reading